Kidliga® is right-sized portion control dishware made just for kids. With its imaginative design and compelling characters it makes eating a balanced meal fun. Each piece of the Kidliga portion control dinnerware is designed to look striking as a suite of dishware. Each dish also has its own unique portion indicators/measurements with self explanatory images to guide kids in using the right amount of food as described by a recipe or single serving noted on the side of a package.
Each are right-sized which means they are smaller than the average dinnerware sold today. The Kidliga dinner portion control plate is designed to be the right size for kids to use. All are proportionally designed so when a kid puts the right-sized food portions on his/her plate and in his/her bowl or mug it will look like “enough" so that at the end of his/her meal they will feel satisfied.
This blue dish set has the added advantage of being designed in blue. The color blue is known, as the result of accepted research, to help suppress a person’s appetite so one can feel satisfied at the end of a right-sized meal. A child can feel fuller faster with less by eating off a blue plate. This is just one of the advantages of the overall VisualQs design of this Livliga product. For more information check out Jay Cardiello and his theory about health and chromotherapy (color therapy).
With this product we have created a complementary Kidliga Sammie & Sax Activity Book we hope you will enjoy and that will help kids on their healthy lifestyle journey. You will receive a link for the eBook at checkout and on your order confirmation.
- Dinner Plate
- Cereal / Soup Bowl
- Also included is an award winning children’s book- Sammie & Sax in the Land of Quinoa: The Search for a Balanced Meal
- Comes with a free Kidliga Sammie & Sax Activity Book
- 3 pc blue children’s porcelain portion control place setting
- The children’s dinner portion control plate has 4 measurements on it. The largest circle is for your vegetable or fruit and designates a 1 cup measurement. The next biggest icon is a circle that indicates a ½ cup serving which is a typical serving size for the starch or grain in a given meal. The squared icon is for your protein and is typically between 2–6 ounces. The smallest icon is a “dollop” and measures cup (2 tablespoons) of sauce, condiment, salad dressing or jam. Each icon has an image to convey to a child where to place each type of food, in which amount on their plate.
- The children’s portion control bowl is proportionally right-sized to accommodate a 1 cup serving (8 ounces) as well as a 1 ½ cup serving (12 ounces), depending on the meal and recipe used.
- The children’s portion control mug or cup is designed to accommodate a right-sized single serving amount of 8 ounces.
- The children’s book- Sammie & Sax in the Land of Quinoa: The Search for a Balanced Meal - received the 2013 Moonbeam Children's Book Award Bronze Medal for Health Issues and is a beautifully illustrated book which tells the story of a sister and brother, Sammie & Sax, learning about what makes a balanced meal in the context of an adventure in a magical land of fun and unusual puzzle pieces. A great book for parents to read with their children.
- Comes with a FREE Kidliga Sammie & Sax Activity Book
- Award winning Children’s Book: 8.75 in/ 40 pages
- 3pc children’s porcelain portion control place setting comes in Blue or Pink
- Dinner Plate: Diameter 9.5 in (24cm)
- Cereal/Soup Bowl: 16 oz (473 mL)
- Mug: 10 oz (296 mL)
- Made of a porcelain – a sustainable material
- Dishwasher safe
- Microwave safe
- Lead free and Cadmium free
- Additional patterns available
- Coordinating Portion Control Glassware, Serveware and Dinnerware available
- Ship weight – 7.0 pounds
- This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.